Monday 8 April 2013

Like a Boss & Silly Walks...

*We need one of these to cool off our annoying impatient clients at my office.

I had a quite yet interesting week. We got a whole structure change at work and I had make some changes to my schedule. Nobody wanted this change, but the high management said otherwise so we had no choice but to comply. I find that the new routine isn't so bad, plus I get to sleep in a bit more in the morning! I'm still doing my usual shitty office job though, till I have my hip surgeries.





 I also have a new boss. I thought it would be complicated once again to have to explain my hip problems and limitations, plus I was afraid of having another disbeliever (like my previous boss). I was surprised because my old boss actually briefed him on my upcoming surgeries (and medical leave of absence). He just came up to me last week and said "I had a knee injury a few years back and it hurt like a bitch and took forever to have fixed." "I know how it must suck right now for you, the rehab is also gonna be long and painful too and even when you come back to work, you might not feel 100% like before". What he said amazed me! He even added "Take your time and heal and come back when you're ready, even if it takes almost a year, take care of yourself first." Damn, I almost fell off my chair and wanted to pinch myself to see if this guy is for real!


Suddenly my faith in humanity was restored and it took a load off to know that I'm not gonna have any pressure from my boss on when I'll be coming back to work after my surgeries. 





I got tired of going to the pool a couple weeks ago. First of all, there are too many kids at the local indoor public pool who need parental supervision (if their mom is glued to her Iphone and pretends she has no kids, it doesn't count as supervision). I had to tell a 10 year old girl to fuck off and not swim so close to me after she kicked me a few times (she thought she had room to swim in the 1 foot of space between me and the wall of the pool). I'm glad the mom didn't notice, cause she would have taken the child's defense without seeing what happened and I would have gotten really angry at that useless excuse for a parent. The girl suddenly stopped going in the deep end (where I was swimming) when her goggles fell to the bottom of the pool (not my doing, thank you Karma!). She asked me if I could get them and I said sure...I'll fetch them in 20 mins (just before the end of the free swim) and I continued my workout. 









I actually do my best to avoid the swarm of kids by going to the 9pm to 10pm weekday swims
Problem is that there are dozens of primary school kids who aren't in bed at that hour (once again GREAT parenting there) and find it amusing to tempt faith, spray water in my face, act like little pricks and kick me while I'm trying to enjoy my workout. I mean, swimming 1 foot away from an adult seems a bit risky don't ya think? And I'm finding it hard to do the whole routine of changing in and out of swimsuits and in and out of clothes, I'm not friggin' Superman and it's tiring for me with the hip pain and all









 With the warmer weather outside, I've decided to start a walking routine every morning before going to work. It's not so bad if I take shorter strides and I can just adjust the length of each walk according to my pain level. I sometimes walk 35 mins or sometimes just 15-20 mins, but that's alright. At least I'm spending more time outside, moving and walking clears my mind. It's kinda like a 2 for 1 deal (without the pizza or drinks) : Meditation + Exercise.  Saw some of Codi's (my lovely deceased dog) canine friends in the neighborhood and it's was a nice change of scenery. 









~ Klau



No comments:

Post a Comment